“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” Paul Sweeney


Friday, January 16, 2009

P is for Peril

"I followed them out onto the deck. We sat in the dark, just the three of us, sipping wine and chatting, listening to the surf rumble on the beach until Jonah came." Huh? That was the last line of my latest read P is for Peril by Sue Grafton. This is clearly the best Kinsey Millhone novel yet. Not only did she keep me guessing until the very end but also after the end. As in, I never really figured it out. Oh, I have an idea but Kinsey was not kind enough to confirm it. She just left me hanging there. And what was with that alternate story line about the twin homicidal brothers? Was that just to distract me from the who done it? And the Medicare fraud? Am I just to guess that the perpetrators will be brought to justice? Other than the dangling ending it was a delightfully good read. Grafton just keeps getting better. I can hardly wait to read the next one.