“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” Paul Sweeney


Monday, October 27, 2008

The Note

I finished The Note by Angela Hunt. This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm not encouraged to read more. The subject of the book was promising. After a plane crashes killing all aboard a note is found sealed in a plastic bag with a message of forgiveness from a father to his child. The heroine of our story, a news columnist, searches for the rightful recipient and along the way examines her own life. I didn't think the storyline was well-developed. I found the style and layout of the book challenging. The revelation at the end when our heroine realizes she is the one who needs to find forgiveness is offered in a shallow way without much detail. Other characters in the book are explored but then we are left wondering about them. I can't recommend this book at this time.