“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” Paul Sweeney


Friday, April 24, 2009

Terminal Freeze

Terminal Freeze is the latest novel by Lincoln Child. I've ready just about everything Child has written both alone and with co-author Douglas Preston. The books mostly are in the adventure/thriller category. The pair has written a novel set in the ice (Antarctica) already, Ice Limit. I've also read another thriller by James Rollins, Ice Hunt and one by Matthew Reilly, Ice Station. I think the setting has been explored to its fullest now. In Terminal Freeze some undefined monster is terrorizing the characters at a remote military base. Sound familiar? Some of these adventure novels are starting to be repeats and I'm ready for some fresh material. Don't get me wrong Terminal Freeze is a good novel but it is a far cry from my favorites from this author including: Thunderhead and Utopia. Other thrillers I recommend would include Subterranean and Amazonia by James Rollins or anything written by Michael Crichton. That is the problem with reading as many books as I do - Every book can not be a best seller.