“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” Paul Sweeney


Friday, February 20, 2009

R is for Richochet

Traditionally, the novels in Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone series are murder mysteries. Murder mysteries = someone dies. Sometimes Kinsey tells us the lucky victim in the first paragraph of the story. So you can imagine my confusion when 300 pages into R is for Richochet there was still no body. Now don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed this book and all of her previous adventures. I do believe they get better each time. But I failed to see the mystery in this mystery. Perhaps, we are running out of mysteries? I mean how many times can Kinsey get herself in a life-threatening situation? (18 so far, if you are counting.) And in all fairness, a body did turn up there at the end, although it wasn't quite murder, and it wasn't quite a mystery. So although it would not be accurate to call this novel a murder mystery it was a quality read nonetheless.